northern quarter management
CityCo works in partnership to coordinate the day-to-day management of the city’s creative district, the Northern Quarter.
areas of business
- Liaison on behalf of businesses with city centre stakeholders (Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Police, Utilities) regarding public realm, policing and business continuity
- Operational call-out service to address business needs
- Representing business views at city-wide strategic meetings and action groups
- Chairing a monthly Northern Quarter Small Business Forum
- Managing specific projects that seek to enhance and promote the area.
key aims of the Northern Quarter Business Forum
- To retain and enhance the quality of the independent retail and cultural offer
- To create linkages to the area, increasing exploration and footfall
- To promote the area, celebrating the Northern Quarter’s unique and creative spirit
- To strengthen the collaborative communication network, already typifing the business community
- To build forward projects that meet a clean, green and safe agenda.
- Continue to support and encourage independent business ownership
- Develop projects that aim to preserve the architecture and heritage of the built environment
- Launch a range of specific greening schemes in the area
- Support the programming of an eclectic mix of art initiatives and public events.
Find out more
To discuss matters related to the Northern Quarter please email our Northern Quarter Coordinator Tommy Wolstencroft or call 0161 838 3257.