Chinese New Year in Manchester
- Date & Time
*2021 Chinese New Year celebrations are currently not confirmed due to Covid-19.
Manchester Business Improvement District works in partnership with the Federation of Chinese Associations of Manchester (FCAM), Manchester City Council, Marketing Manchester, Transport for Greater Manchester, retailers and cultural venues to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Manchester city centre events showcase a mix of traditional celebrations across Chinatown alongside contemporary art, performances, food and family activities across the BID shopping district.
- Manchester BID has so far delivered 7 consecutive campaigns for the Year of the Rat (2020), Pig (2019), Dog (2018), Rooster (2017), Monkey (2016), Ram (2015) and Horse (2014)
- The annual artwork, based on the Chinese Zodiac, has been created by international artist and proud Mancunian Stanley Chow
- Full outdoor, digital, social, print campaign delivered by Manchester BID
- National PR campaign including media partnerships
2020 Headline Digital Results
- 174,000 page views to campaign pages
- 1.5 million impressions driving 53,000 clicks to Chinese New Year portal
- 104,000 organic social media impressions
2020 PR Coverage
- £1.31m of local, regional and national press coverage, including; ITV News – Granada Reports, Metro, Waitrose Weekend, i News, BBC News, BBC Radio 2, Visit Manchester and Manchester Evening News
Sponsors & Partners
- Manchester Business Improvement District, Federation of Chinese Associations of Manchester and Manchester City Council
- In partnership with Marketing Manchester, Transport for Greater Manchester, Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art, Manchester Confucius Institute
- With thanks to previous sponsors including Tiger Beer, Hainan Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Manchester City Football Club, Manchester Airport