Chinese New Year
- Date & Time
The UK’s brightest celebrations. Featuring: Manchester’s famous red lanterns, live performances, stalls and funfair and the return of the city’s legendary Dragon Parade.
Chinese New Year in Manchester is a partnership event between the Federation of Chinese Associations of Manchester, Manchester City Council and Manchester BID/CityCo.
The city’s annual Chinese Zodiac promotional campaign, with illustrations by Manchester artist Stanley Chow, is delivered by Manchester BID/CityCo. We work with Echo PR, Modern Designers, Marketing Manchester, Manchester City Council and Transport for Greater Manchester on the media campaign.
- Press Coverage: 97 pieces of local and national press coverage including BBC North West Tonight, ITV Granada Reports and numerous online news titles. £1.05 million AVE (Advertising Value Equivalent)
- 19,500 page views across Chinese New Year visitmanchester.com campaign content, with over 74,500 page views to the campaign page
- A paid campaign which delivered over 1.6 million impressions and helped to drive over 45,000 clicks to the landing page
- 12 social posts across our organic campaign, generating a further 103,000 impressions
- 7,800 emails delivered to our UK leisure database containing Chinese New Year content, with an open rate of 42.0%
- 7,500 downloads of the Parade Route and Times and Chinese New Year Visitor Guide