First Aid at Work Training
- Date & Time
- CityCo, Suite 4B, Blackfriars House, Parsonage, Manchester
We host one day Emergency First Aid at Work training throughout the year. The sessions run from 9.30am – 4.30pm on weekdays and offer a mixture of theory, individual and group work and practical sessions. All attendees are continuously assessed by the trainer.
Attendees must reach the required level of knowledge and skills to be awarded an end Certificate. The syllabus is as required under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. On successful completion this gives the learner the right to be an ‘Emergency First Aider in the Work Place.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
Understand the role of the First Aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Each session requires a minimum of 12 attendees and costs £69+ VAT per person.
No prior knowledge or experience of first aid is required.
The course is open to CityCo and BID members. For more information about the First Aid content, please email Jess.