Halloween in the City Weekender (CITYCO/BID)
- Date & Time
- Manchester City Centre
The BID’s annual Halloween celebration is now UK-renowned, and we’re delighted this year’s event will be back, as big as ever. The popular family festival will take place during October half-term and will deliver a mix of PR and Instagram-able moments, themed city decorations, and plenty of opportunity for businesses to take part. Halloween is still the fastest-growing date in the retail and leisure calendar.
All event activity will be promoted via the BID’s well-established marketing and PR channels for Halloween, including TfGM Metrolink tram advertising, city screens, digital and social media campaigns and media partnerships with Visit Manchester and The Manc. Halloween 2021 highlights:
- The return of the #MCRMonsters – our famous, giant, roof-top inflatables
- A Monster Procession by Walk the Plank, through the Arndale and around the BID
- A Halloween Photo Trail for those Instagram selfies
- A Monster Science Lab kid’s area in Exchange Square, with CBBC
- Dr Mancenstien’s Castle dressing on St Ann’s Square
- A Carnival of Monsters fairground on New Cathedral Street
- Roaming musicians, circus performers and puppets
- Our smiling pumpkins lanterns
- A SkareSkate Ice Rink on Cathedral Gardens (before turning Christmassy)
£1.2 million AVE across 123 articles and media outlets including The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Telegraph, Sunday Mirror, Evening Standard and Metro UK.