- Date & Time
- The Shipping Office
CityCo runs a Heart Safe Scheme in partnership with the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS). The aim is for Manchester to become the UK’s first ‘Heart Safe’ city.
The MCR Heart Safe campaign is increasing the number of defibrillators across the city centre ensuring people are never more than four minutes away (walking distance) from potentially life-saving equipment, 24/7. The session led by NWAS will:
- Raise awareness of public accessible automated External Defibrillators (AED’s)
- Explain the benefits of these units in the event of a cardiac arrest
- Discuss the Manchester Heart Safe Scheme, how to support the project and raise awareness of their current locations in this area
- Demonstrate how to use a defibrillators
- Advice to help raise awareness of basic life support skills.