MCR Student Social (Spring)
- Date & Time
- Manchester Arndale, Market Street
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works with Manchester Arndale to host a biannual student shopping extravaganza in the spring and at the start of autumn term.
Manchester’s students can snap-up 200+ big discounts, and enjoy DJs and entertainment on the streets and inside the Arndale shopping centre. As part of the autumn edition, we host the MCR Freshers Fair. High spending international students are a key market and many stores report double digit increases in footfall and sales.
2018 events will take place 26th April and 25th September.
- Capital FM
- Mustard Media
- 150 shopping offers across Manchester Arndale and the city’s shopping district
- Entertainment on Market Street from city brands and Capital FM
- Giant ball pool inside Manchester Arndale
- Roaming street music by Mr Wilson’s Second Liners
2018 Footfall Stats
- Footfall up +7% Manchester Arnale (35,000+ people between 4-8pm)
- Footfall up +26% in Exchange Square v LY
- Footfall up +7% on Market Street v LY
- Footfall up +22% on King Street v LY
- Footfall up +104% on New Cathedral Street v LY
- The MCR Student Social happens twice a year so let your teams know you’ll be involved
- Offer your best % discount – sales on the night prove the bigger and more enticing the better!
- Host in-store events, DJs, treats and gifts to attract students into Your store
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS