One Big Summer Weekend
- Date & Time
- City centre shopping district
The BID hosts an annual summer event in the shopping district. We’ve transformed the streets with Show Gardens at Dig the City and now bring together the best festivals at the start of the school holidays, over one long weekend.
On 28th – 30th July 2017, The Manchester Picnic, manchester jazz festival and Clownfest Manchester took over Exchange Square and St Ann’s Square, alongside garden bars and street entertainment across the area.
Event and Campaign Partners
2016 and 2017 Photos
2017 Press Coverage
- Footfall +5% vs. same weekend in 2015
- 8,000 attendees at The Manchester Picnic
- Local & regional press audience: 1,444,426
- Radio listeners: 4,174,000 impacts
- 59,097 page views to visitmanchester.com/summer
- Outdoor activity: opportunity to see in excess of 5 million
- £95,6000 AVE of press coverage