We’re HIRING! Administrative Operations Officer17th Sep 2019
Job Title: Administrative Operations Officer
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract: Fixed Term Contract of 12 months, Maternity Cover
Salary: c.£20,000 per annum
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
Our operations team directly liaise with businesses and with our public-sector partners such as Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester and Greater Manchester Police in order to resolve issues or find sensible paths forward. They also help businesses find their own solutions in a cost-effective manner, through guidance in best practice and procedure.
The officer will assist the operations team in updating and completing our CRM system (asana), with client data and ‘job logs’, as well as databases and other data sets.
The officer will support administrative tasks which fall into monitoring and communicating with the neighbourhoods in which the team work – including the Northern Quarter, Chapel Street Salford, the Village itself, Petersfield and others.
The officer may be asked to support presentations, events, training and partnership groups, either administratively with minutes etc., or to represent the operations team at such groups.
The role requires proactive planning and support to our members, as well as many reactive situations, which require a dynamic approach.
The officer will be an integral part of a small team, and be expected to work under minimal supervision, whilst managing varied workloads and time-critical tasks.
The post works across both CityCo and the Business Improvement District (Manchester BID).
- To assist the operations team in responding to members operational issues actively, and record results
- To support the admin associated with the delivery of briefings, training and presentations around the issues that affect business (e.g. counter-terrorism awareness, rough sleeping, commercial waste)
- To periodically update the CRM system for account management, operational tasks and contact details; and keep records up to date
- To support the organisation and minute taking of meetings and forums as appropriate to update on operational issues and projects
- To represent both companies effectively and to act as an ambassador for CityCo
- To deliver timely accurate reports on operational issues and progress against the business plan
- To provide support as required for CityCo and BID events, including attending, setting up the event space, and supporting the admin for them
- To arrange meetings for the team and partners, produce agendas & minutes, check in attendees and manage diaries
Essential Core Competencies
- Planning and communication skills
- Ability to communicate projects clearly
- Ability to work in very close detail and with excellent accuracy
- Ability to complete projects on time and to budget
- Understanding of the working of the public sector (city councils and/or Police)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on a number of projects concurrently
- Ability to support administratively, particularly with CRM systems, and comply with GDPR
Desirable Core Competencies
- Understanding of public private partnerships
- Working with limited supervision
- Understanding of Business Improvement Districts
- Understanding of different business sectors and agendas
- Knowledge of the businesses operating in Manchester city centre and/or Salford
- Administrative experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Professional appearance
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore evening and weekend work will be required.
To comply with changes in the Legislation covering the activities of Manchester BID and CityCo it is required that all staff undertakes training as directed by their line manager or the Chief Executive. It is also essential that all staff carry out their duties in a safe manner in accordance with the current Health & Safety at work legislation.
The role will be based at the main CityCo office in central Manchester with the expectation that many of the activities will take place at the workplaces of members Annual leave entitlement of 26 days, plus bank holidays.
This post is subject to a 12 week probationary period.
Please send a CV and Covering Letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1 October, by 12 noon.
Interviews will take place in Manchester city centre during the week of 7th October.
CityCo is an equal opportunities employer.