Operational and Security Services CityCo and Manchester BID provide our business networks with a range of operational and security services to help bring the right people together to resolve neighbourhood and practical issues. We work on behalf...
CityCo/BID bring the right people together to help businesses find solutions to day-to-day and longer-term urban challenges. We help with operational challenges, and ensure organisations can maximise the many opportunities of working in the city centre.
Areas we regularly assist with include; environmental issues around premises or business locations; street cleansing including jet washing, bins and commercial waste; litter and graffiti removal; street bollards; anti-social behaviour and begging; rough-sleeping; parking problems; the impact of major events and development works; street protests and road closures.
Business Crime Reduction Partnership
CityCo/BID supports the work of Greater Manchester Police, City Council Licensing and Anti-Social Behaviour teams. The partnership manages a city-wide ‘Civil Exclusion Scheme’ to record incidents, identify criminal persons and issue notices. BCRP members have access to StoreNet/NiteNet radios connected to Manchester city centre CCTV, and are provided real-time, secure offender intelligence online.
We also deliver security training on Crime Prevention, Conflict Avoidance, Fraud Prevention, Counterfeit Currency and Making Statements. The team has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and received a Divisional Commanders Award from Greater Manchester Police.
City Forums and Lobbying
CityCo/BID support the vibrancy and resilience of our city by bringing business members together with public agencies. We work in partnership with Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Police, Marketing Manchester, Greater Manchester Combined Authority, Manchester’s homelessness networks and other statutory bodies.
As constant corporate champions, we have an influential role in lobbying local authorities and represent our business networks at a whole range of city meetings and forums:
Groups led and managed by the CityCo team:
- BCRP City Centre Intelligence Briefings
- CityCo Board
- Greengate Business Action Group
- Manchester BID Board
- Manchester BID Finance Board
- Manchester Food and Beverage Network
- Manchester Arndale Tenants Security Meeting
- Manchester BID Sector Groups (Events, Operations, Large Stores, F&B, Jewellery, Financial Services)
- Oxford Road Security & Environmental Action Group
- Piccadilly Basin Business Action Group
- Piccadilly Hoteliers Group (Online)
- Piccadilly Security Group
- Petersfield Operations Group (including Peter Street Subgroup)
- The PA Network
City Committees attended by CityCo
Groups led by external parties that CityCo attends to represent our members:
- Manchester City Council Integrated Neighbourhood Management Committee
- Manchester City Council Ward Co-ordination Committee
- Manchester City Council Our Manchester Strategic Forum
- Manchester City Council Medieval Quarter Group
- Manchester Homeless Partnership including homelessness charity Big Change MCR
- Manchester Hoteliers Association
- Manchester Pub and Club Network
- Manchester Safety Advisory Committee
- Manchester Food Board
- Manchester Water Safety Partnership
- Northern Quarter Action Group
- TfGM Event Planning Group
- Village Action Group
Business Briefings and Training
CityCo/BID run a whole range of business briefings, networking sessions and workshops, that aim to keep colleagues in the loop, and trained, with strategic and tactical city guidance and future planning.
CityCo’s popular CityConversations corporate events are also a chance to hear from senior city colleagues on the strategies, developments and initiatives that are shaping our city centre.
The PA Network
The PA Network: Sponsored by You Are Home, is free to join for all Manchester city centre PAs, Exec Assistants and Office Managers. Our networking events allow CityCo/BID hotel and leisure members the chance to showcase their fantastic venues and services to a 600-strong group of influential corporate hospitality bookers.
In return, PAs enjoys fun evenings and lunches, new places to experience and book for meetings, conferences and events – and valuable connections.
Consumer promotional opportunities are presented to CityCo/BID members via marketing and PR campaigns for the company’s large-scale public events and festivals: The Manchester Flower Show, MCR Student Socials, Pride, Halloween and Chinese New Year celebrations.
Tourism Marketing (VisitManchester.com)
Promotional opportunities via city centre destination marketing campaigns in partnership with the tourist board Marketing Manchester.
Get in Touch
Manchester BID Manager