Responding to the Manchester Arena attack I wanted to say a quick thank you to CityCo following the work you did in the aftermath of the Manchester terrorist attack on 22nd May 2017. It was clearly...
- Second most visited city in England by domestic visitors
- Third most visited UK destination by international visitors, an increase of 30% between 2006 and 2016
- 40 million visitors to Manchester’s retail district every year, spending over £900 million
- 100,000 strong student population, the UK’s largest
- 50,000 city centre residential population, a rise of 20,000 over the last decade, with more than 10,000 new apartments in development
- £3 billion worth of major property developments in the pipeline, including at St John’s, Old Granada Studios, Mayfield, NOMA and Kampus
- £1.5 billion tram line expansion, with more than £1.85 billlion allocated to transport improvements over the next five years, including the transformation of Manchester Airport.
- 2,300 new hotel rooms across Manchester city centre coming on board, increasing supply by 25%
- £11 million worth of development underway at Manchester Arndale, the UK’s busiest inner city shopping centre
Every success has a story to tell and Manchester’s BID is part of the picture.
Since 2013, 400 retail businesses have been working together, through CityCo, to support the city’s growth and our city centre offer.
In December 2017 we will be asking retailers and businesses to re-endorse our plan for a prosperous, safe and hugely successful heart of Manchester. We have been engaging with members on their needs and interests and have identified five themes that have formed the pillars of a 2018-2023 Draft Business Plan:
- Public Events
- Operational Services
- Marketing and PR
- Internal Communication
For more information about the Manchester BID and future plans, please email BID Manager Phil Schulze.