First Aid at Work
- Date & Time
- CityCo Office
This is a 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work training course. It consists of 6 classroom hours with a mixture of theory, individual and group work, and practical sessions. HSE Compliant.
No prior knowledge or experience of first aid is required. The syllabus is as required under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
On successful completion this gives the learner the right to be an ‘Emergency First Aider in the Work Place’.