First Aid at Work: Requalification Training
- Date & Time
- CityCo, Suite 4B, Blackfriars House, Parsonage, Manchester
CityCo is offering a First Aid at Work refresher course on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th March.
£99PP + VAT. The price includes all materials, certificate, first aid manual, and the final assessment. HSE Compliant.
IMPORTANT: Learners must have a valid First Aid at Work certificate that is within 3 months before expiry and 1 month after expiry.
Learners are requalified from the same date on the certificate +3 years so no time is gained or lost by coming back early or late. If coming back after the expiry date the person is not a qualified first aider during the 30 days grace period.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Access the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with burns & scalds
- Administer first aid to a casualty with eye injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)