Halloween in the City
- Date & Time
- City Centre
Manchester Business Improvement District (BID) works with partners, retailers and cultural venues to celebrate Halloween. The seasonal event has become the fastest growing consumer festival in the UK retail calendar and we are therefore working to harness the occasion on behalf of levy payers – as a chance to attract visits and spend – and also have some Fun.
The BID has so far delivered four consecutive celebrations and marketing campaigns for Halloween in the City in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The annual event is a family-friendly festival and we showcase the range of events across the city through a partnership with Visit Manchester. Our national PR campaign is managed by our agency Echo PR.
- Giant Monsters on the roof-tops of iconic Manchester buildings
- The Poisonous Maze in the heart of Manchester’s central shopping district
- CBBC Hub screening children’s TV favourites with a Halloween theme
- Storytelling in Manchester Arndale by Z-Arts to showcase some of award-winning author Julia Donaldson’s famous characters
- Larger-than-life Trick or Treat Trail
- The Strolling Bones parade delivered by leading arts organisation Walk the Plank
- Follow 2019 Press Coverage
- Halloween in the City Photo Gallery
- Halloween in the City Video Gallery
- 750,000+ attendees since 2016
- 280,000 website views to visitmanchester.com/halloween since 2017
- PR Examples ‘Top PR Stunts 2018’ – in the company of global brands Fanta, Bumble, Rita Ora, Now TV, Burger King: The Nightmare Burger, Marmite: Trick Or Treat, Urban Outfitters: Influencer Costume and Reece’s: Candy Converter
- +15% footfall increase across the Manchester BID district
- £1 million AVE of local, regional and national press coverage
Content partners have included CBBC, CBeebies, Z Arts, PJ Masks, Walk the Plank, Royal Exchange Theatre