Halloween in the City
- Date & Time
- City centre Manchester
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works with partners, retailers and cultural venues to celebrate Halloween.
The BID has so far delivered two consecutive celebrations and marketing campaigns for Halloween in the City in 2016 and 2017. The event is a family-friendly festival aimed at attracting visits and spend in the run-up to 31 October. And we showcase the range of events across the city through a partnership brand and PR campaign.
2018 celebrations will take place over the ‘Halloweekend’: Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 October.
Cllr Pat Karney, Manchester City Council’s city centre spokesperson says: “I can’t remember a Halloween weekend as amazing as this. Truly one of the best – and scariest – celebrations we’ve ever had. Well done to everyone involved – it was spook-tacular!”
- Mayfield Manchester
- Manchester Arndale
- Piccadilly Place
- 35 Dale Street (Helical PLC)
- House of Fraser
- Manchester Hall
- Spooky street decorations, pumpkin lanterns and Manchester’s buildings light-up green
- Giant rooftop ‘Monster Invasion’ courtesy of Bristol-based artist Filthy Luker (#MCRMonsters)
- Fantastical ‘Trick or Treat’ Trail
- Spooky Pooch Show
- Royal Exchange presents SEANCE
- The Strolling Bones, created and produced by Walk the Plank
- A Ghostly World Record attempt
- Heart FM Main Stage in Exchange Square with bands, DJs and monstrous cartoons
- The Face of Halloween live make-up displays in the windows of House of Fraser, Boots and Debenhams
- Ghoulish goings-on in the windows of the city’s shops, restaurants and bars
- And much more…!
- +10% footfall increase across the BID district
- +12% footfall increase in Manchester Arndale
- Retailers reported up to +40% increase in sales over the weekend
- £1.3 million + AVE of press coverage across national and regional print, regional broadcast and online news articles
- £200,000 value multi-media advertising campaign across digital, press, print, radio, outdoor, social
Halloween in the City – Retailers!
- Celebrate with themed window displays
- Host special events, product personalisation, gifts with purchase
- Run a competition
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS
- Share your plans with the BID and we’ll help to promote through the PR, marketing and social media campaigns.