The King Street Festival
- Date & Time
- King Street Manchester
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works to bring together over premium shops, restaurants and hotels to celebrate the past, present and future of Manchester’s heritage shopping destination King Street.
The event showcases the street’s ever-flourishing mix of premium retailers, luxury brands and upscale eateries with a weekend filled with fashion, beauty, music, history and complimentary VIP experiences.
- Marketing Manchester
- Manchester City Council
- Manchester Evening News (City Life)
- The Manchester Flower Show – a floral paradise of pocket gardens, green installations and hanging baskets and a showcase of the very best produce, cut-flowers and plants
- The Festival Bandstand and Bar – based on a 1950’s street party on a Mancunian village green of yesteryear
- The Conversation Stage – featuring Dave Haslam on his days DJing at the Hacienda, alongside history talks and food and drink tastings
- The Winners Table – a competition to win alfresco lunches served on King Street by the neighbourhood’s best restaurants, supported by City Life
- A pop-up flower market – courtesy of Manchester floral institution, Flourish
- The Rapha Club House – camionette coffee van
- Ice Cream Creations – ice-cream vintage van
- Heritage Tours – with tour guide Jonathan Scholfield, from our Historic Manchester Walking Guide
- The King Street Cocktail Trail – with a range of summer cocktails created especially for the festival priced at £5 each; try El Gato Negro’s King Street Cooler, Rosso’s Nectar of Manchester, Grill on the Alley’s June Bug, Grand Pacific’s The Winston Churchill, Albert Square Chophouse’s King Street Courtside, Brown’s Heathcote Mojito or a Vimto Garden from Grafene
- Exclusive retailer treats – including discounts, complimentary prosecco, menu tasters, gifts with purchase, beauty treatments and special cocktails
- 15% off at DKNY
- Gifts with purchase and free fizz at Karen Millen
- 15% off at White Stuff
- A chance to win one of two £250 personal shopping experiences at Hobbs
- A free candle with purchases over £75 (while stocks last) at The White Company
- A stunning floral window display at Charles Tyrwhitt
- Kids flower crafts at Cath Kidston
- Family workshops at Virgin Money Lounge
What’s On Website
50,000 people enjoyed the festivities over the weekend, a 16% increase versus the same event weekend in 2017.
Since the event’s inception in 2016, the weekend has consistently brought around 20,000 extra people to the area, which is a +65% uplift on a standard, non-event weekend. This year the Sunday saw a 47% increase in footfall, with the beautiful sunny weather.
2018 PR Coverage
Featuring across titles including The Pool, Daily Express Saturday Magazine, Waitrose Magazine, Kids Guide, NetMums, Virgin Money, LateRooms, Country Attire, Days Out, Wot’s On Events, Skiddle, Living Edge, Cheshire Life, Place North West, Manchester Evening News, CityLife, The Confidentials, MCR Wire, MCR Finest, Visit Manchester, BBC Radio Manchester, Key 103, About MCR, Creative Tourist, Taste of MCR.
- Think about how you’ll get involved next time…
- Celebrate with themed window displays
- Host special VIP events, product personalisation, gifts with purchase
- Share your plans with the BID and we’ll help to promote through the PR, marketing and social media campaigns
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS
Marketing & Social Media Toolkits