MCR Student Social (Spring)
- Date & Time
- Manchester Arndale, Market Street
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works with Manchester Arndale to host a biannual student shopping extravaganza in the spring and at the start of autumn term.
Manchester’s students can snap-up 200+ big discounts, and enjoy DJs and entertainment on the streets and inside the Arndale shopping centre. As part of the autumn edition, we host the MCR Freshers Fair. High spending international students are a key market and many stores report double digit increases in footfall and sales.
2018 events will take place in April and September.
- Capital FM
2017 Event headlines
- Over 200 shopping offers across Manchester Arndale and the city’s shopping district
- MCR Freshers’ Fair on Market Street, with DJ trucks, games, giveaways and prizes
- Market Street entertainment from Breakout Manchester, UniDays, Byron, Barburrito, Pure Gyms, Mobike, Museum of Science & Industry
- Roaming live music hosted by Matt & Phreds: Heavy Beat Brass Band
- Capital FM Silent Disco on St Ann’s Square
- Brand pop-ups in Manchester Arndale from Three and Greggs
- +8 increase in footfall in Manchester Arndale v LY, 4-9pm (45,989 people in the centre)
- +22% increase in footfall in Manchester Arndale v LW, 4-9pm
- Retailers outside the Arndale reported double digit footfall and sales increases
- 22 pieces of press coverage, £48,900 AVE – view report
MCR Student Social: It happens twice a year. So… Retailers!
- Let your teams know you’ll be involved
- Offer your best % discount – sales on the night prove the bigger and more enticing the better!
- Host in-store events, DJs, treats and gifts to attract students into Your store
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS