MCR Student Social
- Date & Time
- Manchester Arndale, Market Street, New Cathedral Street, Exchange Square, Deansgate, St Ann's Square, King Street
Manchester’s Ultimate Shopping Night
The BID teams up with Manchester Arndale to host a biannual student shopping extravaganza in the spring and at the start of autumn term.
Manchester’s students can snap-up 200+ big discounts, and enjoy DJs and entertainment on the streets and inside the Arndale shopping centre. As part of the autumn edition, we host the MCR Freshers Fair. High spending international students are a key market and many stores report double digit increases in footfall and sales.
Event and Campaign Partners
Tuesday 26th September 2017 – Event Headlines
- Over 200 shopping offers across Manchester Arndale and the city’s shopping district
- MCR Freshers’ Fair on Market Street, with DJ trucks, games, giveaways and prizes
- Market Street entertainment from Breakout Manchester, UniDays, Byron, Barburrito, Pure Gyms, Mobike, Museum of Science & Industry
- Roaming live music hosted by Matt & Phreds: Heavy Beat Brass Band
- Capital FM Silent Disco on St Ann’s Square
- Brand pop-ups in Manchester Arndale from Three and Greggs
- +8 increase in footfall in Manchester Arndale v LY, 4-9pm (45,989 people in the centre)
- +22% increase in footfall in Manchester Arndale v LW, 4-9pm
- Retailers outside the Arndale reported double digit footfall and sales increases
- 22 pieces of press coverage, £48,900 AVE – view report
- See the photos
- +6% increase in footfall on Market Street yony
- +8% increase in footfall in Manchester Arndale yony
- 12,000+ pre-registrations to attend online
- £19,000 AVE of press coverage
- 96% of the students rated the event as good/excellent
- See the photos
MCR Student Social – Retailers!
- Let your teams know you’ll be involved
- Offer your best % discount – sales on the night prove the bigger and more enticing the better!
- Host in-store events, DJs, treats and gifts to attract students into Your store
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS