MCR Student Social (Autumn)
- Date & Time
- Manchester Arndale, Market Street
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works with Manchester Arndale to host a biannual student shopping extravaganza in the spring and at the start of autumn term.
Manchester’s students can snap-up 200+ big discounts, and enjoy DJs and entertainment on the streets and inside the Arndale shopping centre. As part of the autumn edition, we host the MCR Freshers Fair. High spending international students are a key market and many stores report double digit increases in footfall and sales.
2018 events take place 26 April and 25 September.
2018 Autumn Headlines
- 160 shopping offers across Manchester Arndale and the Manchester BID shopping district
- In store DJs, drinks, incentives, gifts and giveaways
- Live Capital FM DJ trucks on Market Street and New Cathedral Street
- MCR Fresher Fair on Market Street with more than 20 brands taking part including Barclays, Benefit, Greggs, LGBT Foundation, Lloyds Bank, Molton Brown, Paperchase, Sassoon, Virgin Money, Whittards, Boost Juice, Breakout Manchester, The Crystal Maze, Amazon Prime, Grimfest, Blackdog Ballroom, Trek Bike, Debenhams, STA Travel, The Printworks, Barburrito, Pure Gym, Junk Yard Golf and Almost Famous
- Roaming live band from Matt & Phreds
2018 Autumn Footfall Stats
- Footfall up +9% across the BID, an extra 4000 people
- The MCR Student Social happens twice a year so let your teams know you’ll be involved
- Offer your best % discount – sales on the night prove the bigger and more enticing the better!
- Host in-store events, DJs, treats and gifts to attract students into Your store
- Share your activities with your own customers via e-news to databases, social media, display marketing collateral, POS