MCR Student Social (cancelled)
- Date & Time
- Market Street, Manchester Arndale
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works the UK’s largest inner city shopping centre Manchester Arndale to host a biannual student extravaganza in the spring and at the start of autumn term.
Manchester and Salford students can snap-up big shopping discounts and enjoy street entertainment, DJs, pop-ups, games and giveaways on Market Street. As part of the autumn edition we host the MCR Freshers Fair.
2020 Spring Event: Covid-19
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Manchester Arndale & Manchester BID has taken the difficult decision to cancel the MCR Student Social event on 30 April.
The health and well-being of Manchester’s shoppers and staff is our absolute priority. We continue to follow official guidance from the Government and Public Health England carefully, but we feel it is right to make a decision on the event now. We have considered many factors and the decision has not come lightly.
We understand that this will be disappointing; however, we plan to bring Manchester’s biggest student event back for the start of the Autumn term. This is due to take place on Tuesday 29 September (12-8pm) and promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Thank you for all your efforts so far in the current situation.
Autumn 2019 Event: Digital Headlines
- Snapchat ad reached 519,818 with 4,702 swipe ups
- Best performing Instagram post had 25,005 views, 909 likes and 389 comments
- The Facebook event reached 23,000
- Total paid reach was on Facebook and Instagram was 89,242
- 76,439 video views
- £67,700 AVE of local and regional press coverage
- Full digital advertising and social media strategy in partnership with Manchester Arndale
- Printed collateral targeted to university students including shopping discounts and entertainment listings
- PR including media partnerships with targeted outlets such as The Manc, I Love Manchester
Sponsors & Partners
- Brought to you by Manchester Business Improvement District and Manchester Arndale
- 2019 sponsored by TOTUM, the UK’s student ID Card