Advertising opportunities: Historic Manchester City Guide3rd Apr 2017
The Manchester BID is producing a new guide to the heart of the city, focused on the historic core of the shopping district. There are various advertising opportunities available.
This follows our Where to Go Manchester guidebook, published in 2013 with 25,000 copies sold and circulated. The guide presented the very best things to see and do and places to eat and drink in the city centre.
Our new edition, an A6, 48 page high quality book, will launch around The King Street Festival. It is being written by Manchester historian, journalist and tour guide Jonathan Schofield and edited by former Time Out and Creative Tourist editor Susie Stubbs. It will:
- Reach high-spending, highly discerning customers
- Encourage a higher engagement with the heart of the city and associated brands
- Persuade people to stay longer, come back often and share their love of city centre Manchester
- Position Manchester as it is: the North’s most desirable, stylish and independently-minded city
- Promote the uniqueness of the heart of Manchester: its depth and diversity, culture and authenticity
- Spark curiosity and desire in the city as a cutting-edge fashion and leisure destination
Complete with a beautifully illustrated walking map, the book will be sectioned by street area taking the reader from King Street to the Cathedral quarter.
Copies will be circulated free across the city centre, at selected city hotels, retailers and events.
Advertising opportunities are available
There is full sponsorship, or 12 advert slots available, including Inside Front and Inside Back covers.
- Attractions, leisure offers or businesses that have served the city over a sustained period
- Hotels, bars, restaurants, shops or attractions that are based in the historic core or in historic buildings
- Property developments or office refurbishments that show sensitive treatment of historic buildings
- Businesses that are passionate about Manchester’s historic core