The information sharing on offenders and planned events helps us to forward-plan effectively “The services provided by CityCo’s Business Crime Reduction Partnership add real value for us. We regularly seek advice and support to resolve problems relating to crime management.” Bruntwood
Business Crime Reduction
CityCo’s Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP) helps to create a safe and secure city for customers, staff and visitors by reporting and tackling crime; offering expert training, providing access to the city centre day/night radio link and real-time intelligence.
We support the work of Greater Manchester Police, Manchester and Salford Licensing Units and Anti-Social Behaviour teams through an offender management system with thousands of incidents recorded; generating individuals of interest and exclusion notices.
The BCRP also delivers bespoke business training sessions on reducing loss from theft, credit card fraud, counterfeit currency and conflict management.
The BCRP has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and has received a Divisional Commanders Award from Greater Manchester Police to recognise its outstanding partnership work.
BCRP members benefit from:
- 24/7 Account Management
- Access to a secure online portal (DISC) to access data about offenders, risks, new training packages and reporting
- Inclusion in city centre Civil Exclusion Schemes to deter repeat offending
- StoreNet/NiteNet radio network supply, training and maintenance, linked to the city’s CCTV control room
- Business representation at meetings attended by Greater Manchester Police and relevant parties
- Monthly news and KPIs
- Police alerts around protests, demos, marches and events that could have negative or volatile impacts on business.
Members are also invited to attend monthly and tailored security training sessions. Topics include:
- Crime Prevention and Conflict Avoidance
- Fraud Prevention
- Counterfeit Currency
- Making Statements and Reporting
To enquire about joining the Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership please email Rob Dyson.
If you are a CityCo or Manchester BID member and require support, please email Rob.