Responding to the Manchester Arena attack I wanted to say a quick thank you to CityCo following the work you did in the aftermath of the Manchester terrorist attack on 22nd May 2017. It was clearly a tragic and challenging situation and my team are very grateful for the speedy, helpful and professional response. The interface that you provided between the emergency services, security services, the City Council and HOME during that period was reassuring and vital to enabling us to support our team and customers, and importantly keep trading. I really hope that we don’t need these services again but it is good to know that you will be there if we do. Thanks again, Dave Moutrey, Director and Chief Executive HOME
We have excellent relationships with the city authorities in Manchester and Salford, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the fire and ambulance services. As such we are the only body appointed by the city to collate and disseminate critical information.
We provide updates to our members on city developments and in live-time during unanticipated events.
Our members benefit from:
- Guidance on Manchester and Salford’s strategic plans
- Posting of scheduled major road closures
- Alerts to major transport changes or works
- Mapping of city property and hotel developments in the pipeline (via our partnership with UrbInfo)
- Security and protest alerts (via our Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP)
- Access to Counter-Terrorism awareness information and training
- Regular web, Twitter, LinkedIn and e-news updates
- Monthly city centre footfall trends
- Weekly city centre footfall trends
- Weekly city centre retail sales trends
- Tourism reporting
- Hotel occupancy trends
- City centre events calendar
For membership enquiries, please contact Athena.