Responding to the Manchester Arena attack I wanted to say a quick thank you to CityCo following the work you did in the aftermath of the Manchester terrorist attack on 22nd May 2017. It was clearly a tragic and challenging situation and my team are very grateful for the speedy, helpful and professional response. The interface that you provided between the emergency services, security services, the City Council and HOME during that period was reassuring and vital to enabling us to support our team and customers, and importantly keep trading. I really hope that we don’t need these services again but it is good to know that you will be there if we do. Thanks again, Dave Moutrey, Director and Chief Executive HOME
CityCo works very closely with Manchester and Salford’s public agencies to make sure the city centre is working as effectively as possible and we are raising standards.
We advise CityCo and Manchester BID members on environmental and public realm issues and anything that may affect productivity, access, health or safety.
We help to resolve daily operational problems as well as address longer term concerns. Issues could be to do with litter, street-cleaning or the removal of commercial waste for example. The team can also escalate complex problems to do with tackling traffic management, noise, homelessness, begging, retail theft and anti-social behaviour.
In the retail district, the BID’s City Hosts patrol the area, generating reports around environmental issues which are then sent to Manchester City Council, resulting in quicker resolution for businesses.
We deliver targeted operational projects too including the city’s Heart Safe Scheme, First Aid Training, Counter-Terrorism Awareness Training and briefings around addressing rough-sleeping in the city centre.
Our members benefit from:
- Dedicated Account Manager
- 24/7 emergency operational and security support
- 121 support and advice to resolve issues around environmental concerns such as litter, fly-tipping, street cleansing, needles, blocked drains, flooding, noise and trespassing
- 121 support around Commercial Waste management
- Signposting to jet washing providers
- Advice around how to address issues with rough-sleeping
- Security, First Aid and Counter-Terrorism Awareness training
- Access to the Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP)
- Opportunity to participate in the Manchester Heart Safe Scheme
- Public sector lobbying support
For membership enquiries, please contact Athena.
If you are an existing CityCo or Manchester BID member and need operational support, please email Emma.