Metrolink Eccles Line Closure28th July — 9th August 2018, 12:00am
From Saturday 28 July to Thursday 9 August the Eccles Metrolink line, including the MediaCityUK stop will be closed, with no tram services running between Cornbrook and Eccles.
The closure will accommodate works at Pomona in preparation for the next phase of construction for the new Trafford Park Metrolink line.
During the closure, Metrolink will carry out additional works at existing Metrolink stops and at other locations along the Eccles route. All works are scheduled to take place during the same closure to minimise disruption for customers, local residents and businesses.
- Pomona/Exchange Quay: 24 hour/7 day activity, including concrete cutting, drilling and use of cranes. Noise reduction measures will be in place
- All Metrolink stops: deep clean, lighting check and general maintenance
- Furness Withy Viaduct, The Quays: work including saw cutting and drilling. Noise reduction measures and traffic management will be in place
- South Langworthy Road: highway resurfacing on South Langworthy Road, from Eccles New Road and Broadway
- Eccles New Road: highway resurfacing on Eccles New Road in the vicinity of Cemetery Road, Dolby Street, James Corbett Road, Kerrera Drive, and Stott Lane
Resurfacing work will take place ‘off-peak’ between 9.30am and 3.30pm, due to the nature of the work, there may be noise disruption.
Lanes will be restricted and temporary traffic lights will be used. There is the possibility of a southbound closure of South Langworthy Road from Eccles New Road to Montford Street, for three days. Access to business will be retained at all times.
Bus Replacement Services
During the work the following bus replacement services will operate:
• Piccadilly to Eccles: all stops except Pomona (use Exchange Quay) and Broadway (use Harbour City or MediaCityUK)
• Piccadilly to MediaCityUK: all stops except Pomona (use Exchange Quay)
• Piccadilly to MediaCityUK (Express Service): Deansgate-Castlefield, Cornbrook, Trafford Bar (towards MediaCityUK only) and MediaCityUK
Bus replacement stops will be located as close as possible to Metrolink stops. Unfortunately due to the works at Pomona, it will not be possible to serve Pomona Stop with a direct bus replacement and the stop will be fully closed with no access to pedestrians.
Click here for more information about planned works and replacement bus services.
For additional enquiries please contact a member of the Metrolink team on 0161 244 1555/MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com.