City Forums & Lobbying CityCo and Manchester BID represent our business networks at a range of city meetings and forums. As constant corporate champions, we have an influential role in lobbying local authorities authorities, transport organisations and...
As Manchester city centre begins to reopen post Covid lockdown, the City Centre Management Company, CityCo, and Business Improvement District, Manchester BID, continue to offer help to our membership and the wider Manchester and Salford business community.
Helping to Ensure a Safe Return to Business
See below for reopening statuses, suggested guidance, resources and useful links for further reading.
Information will be updated as we receive and/or source.
We are here to help our business networks. Please do email if you need us.
Vaughan Allen, Chief Exec
Rob Dyson, Business Crime
Laura Dyson, Campaigns and Comms
Alex King and Richard Elliott, Operations
Annie McGoff, Finance
Phil Schulze, Manchester BID
Gareth Worthington, Night Time Economy
For the Business Crime Unit, call 07545 438 214
For Operations, call 07917 058 412 or 07912 240 699
As Manchester city centre prepares for reopening, hygiene measures and social distancing restrictions will be put in place to protect and support businesses, workers and visitors.
CityCo and Manchester BID are working in close liaison with Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Police, The Growth Company, Marketing Manchester, Manchester’s homelessness charity network Street Support, and other statutory and professional bodies, to support the implementation of Public Health England measures.
Latest Government Advice for Businesses
- People are still instructed to maintain social distancing (2m) and observe any outdoor queuing systems in place
- Additional social distancing protocols and street signage are being developed by the Council
- Large stores and shopping centres are developing outdoor queuing systems with the Council
- Some areas of the city centre will be pedestrianised and pavements widened
- Consider advising staff to use facemasks and other PPE
- Consider advising staff to stagger lunch breaks
- Consider advising staff to take off-peak travel