Manchester Salford Inner Relief Route – Major Works29th August 2018 — 31st August 2019
The work will last for 12 months from August 2018 and will have a major impact on journey times.
The work will improve capacity by up to 20% at six major junctions in and around Regent Road, reducing congestion and delays.
- The junction of Dawson Street, Regent Road, Trinity Way and Water Street
- The junction of Regent Road and Ordsall Lane (Salford)
- The junction of Regent Road and Oldfield Road (Salford)
- The Mancunian Way, A56, A5067 roundabout
- The junction of Trinity Way and Hampson Street
- The junction of Hampson Street, East Ordsall Lane and Middlewood Street
TfGM advise people to plan ahead to Re-Route, Re-Time, Re-Mode and Reduce journeys, especially during peak morning and evening commuter times.
Businesses are encouraged to promote flexible working, walking, cycling, public transport and car-sharing to employees where possible.
Regular analysis of how the works are impacting travel and businesses will be undertaken weekly by TfGM to alter specific messaging and travel advice.