Manchester’s Christmas Lights Switch On: Information & Road Closures13th — 14th November 2019
- Date: Thursday 14 November 2019
- Time: 7.30pm and 8.40pm
- Location: Deansgate/Victoria Street
It is anticipated that crowds will begin to gather at the event site at approximately 6pm, with the main audience arriving from 7pm.
- Soundchecks: 3–5pm
- Screen content: 6–7.30pm
- Live show: 7.30–8.30pm
- Fireworks: 8.30–8.40pm
Please note that the times are approximations and subject to change.
The family-friendly event attracts crowds in excess of 10,000, so in order to maximise the viewing area and aid safe crowd management, a series of road closures will be implemented.
Wednesday 13 November 2019
- From 7am: Victoria Street from Cateaton Street
Thursday 14 November 2019
- From 7am – 11pm: Cateaton Street
- From 3pm – 11pm: Deansgate from St Mary’s Gate to Victoria Street & Victoria Bridge Street
- From 6pm to 10pm: Deansgate from John Dalton Street to St Mary’s Gate, St Mary’s Gate/Market Street from Corporation Street to Deansgate & Blackfriars Street from Parsonage to Deansgate
- From 8pm – 9pm: Victoria Street from Hunt’s Bank to Chapel Street & Chapel Street from Blackfriars Street to Victoria Street
Access and egress from the car parks at Marks & Spencer, One Deansgate and Renaissance Hotel Access to all will be managed until 3pm and egress will be managed until 6pm. There will be no access or egress from these car parks between 6pm and 9.30pm.
Parking suspensions will be in operation from 7am.
Please visit manchester.gov.uk/Christmas for more information.