Responding to the Manchester Arena attack I wanted to say a quick thank you to CityCo following the work you did in the aftermath of the Manchester terrorist attack on 22nd May 2017. It was clearly a tragic and challenging situation and my team are very grateful for the speedy, helpful and professional response. The interface that you provided between the emergency services, security services, the City Council and HOME during that period was reassuring and vital to enabling us to support our team and customers, and importantly keep trading. I really hope that we don’t need these services again but it is good to know that you will be there if we do. Thanks again, Dave Moutrey, Director and Chief Executive HOME
Business Crime Reduction
Our work helps to create a safe and secure city for customers, staff and visitors by reporting and tackling business crime, offering expert security training and providing information and alerts to the retail community.
BCRP members benefit from:
- 24/7 Account Management
- Access to a secure online portal (DISC) to access data about offenders, risks, new training packages and reporting
- Inclusion in city centre Civil Exclusion Schemes to deter repeat offending
- StoreNet/NiteNet radio network supply, training and maintenance, linked to the city’s CCTV control room
- Business representation at meetings attended by Greater Manchester Police and relevant parties
- Monthly news and KPIs
- Police alerts around protests, demos, marches and events that could have negative or volatile impacts on business
Members can attend monthly and tailored security training sessions. Topics include:
- Crime Prevention and Conflict Avoidance
- Fraud Prevention
- Counterfeit Currency
- Making Statements and Reporting
The BCRP has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and has received a Divisional Commanders Award from Greater Manchester Police to recognise its outstanding partnership work.
For membership enquiries, please contact Athena.
If you are an existing CityCo or BID member and require security support please email Rob Dyson.