The information sharing on offenders and planned events helps us to forward-plan effectively “The services provided by Manchester's Business Crime Reduction Partnership add real value for us. We regularly seek advice and support to resolve problems relating to crime management.” Bruntwood
Business Crime Reduction
Manchester’s Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP) helps to create a safe and secure city for customers, staff and visitors by reporting and tackling crime. We offer expert training, provide access to day/night radio links and share real-time intelligence.
We support the work of Greater Manchester Police and Manchester and Salford Council Licensing Units and Anti-Social Behaviour teams to run an offender management system – with thousands of incidents recorded, persons identified and exclusion notices issued.
The BCRP also delivers venue training on reducing loss from theft, credit card fraud, counterfeit currency and conflict management.
Our Business Crime Reduction team has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and received a Divisional Commanders Award from Greater Manchester Police to recognise the outstanding partnership work.
- 24/7 Account Management
- Access to a secure online portal (DISC) to access data on offenders, risks, new training packages and reporting
- Inclusion in city centre Civil Exclusion Schemes to deter repeat offending
- StoreNet/NiteNet radio supply, training and maintenance – linked to Manchester’s city centre CCTV control room
- Business representation at meetings attended by Greater Manchester Police and relevant parties
- Police alerts around protests, demos and marches that could have negative or volatile impacts on business
- Monthly news and KPIs.
Members are invited to monthly and tailored security training. Topics include:
- Crime Prevention and Conflict Avoidance
- Fraud Prevention
- Counterfeit Currency
- Making Statements and Reporting.