I want to pass on my thanks to the BCRP for your support. The unit is an invaluable network which has been hugely worthwhile during some challenging circumstances, ensuring we maintain a safe shopping environment together for our customers. —Simon Layton, General Manager, M&S
Business Crime Reduction
Our work helps to create a safe and secure city for customers, staff and visitors by reporting and tackling business crime, offering expert security training and providing information and alerts to the retail community.
The BCRP has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and has received a Divisional Commanders Award from Greater Manchester Police to recognise its outstanding partnership work.
BCRP members benefit from:
- 24/7 Account Management
- Access to a secure online portal (DISC) to access data about offenders, risks, new training packages and reporting
- Inclusion in city centre Civil Exclusion Schemes to deter repeat offending
- StoreNet/NiteNet radio network supply, training and maintenance, linked to the city’s CCTV control room
- Business representation at meetings attended by Greater Manchester Police and relevant parties
- Monthly news and KPIs
- Police alerts around protests, demos, marches and events that could have negative or volatile impacts on business.
Members are also invited to attend monthly and tailored security training sessions. Topics include:
- Crime Prevention and Conflict Avoidance
- Fraud Prevention
- Counterfeit Currency
- Making Statements and Reporting
For membership enquiries, please contact Athena.
If you are an existing CityCo or BID member and require security support please email Rob Dyson.