I want to pass on my thanks to the BCRP for your support. The unit is an invaluable network which has been hugely worthwhile during some challenging circumstances, ensuring we maintain a safe shopping environment together for our customers. —Simon Layton, General Manager, M&S
Business Crime Reduction
The Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP) is coordinated by CityCo in association with Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and Manchester City Council. Our work helps to create a safe and secure city for customers, staff and visitors by reporting and tackling business crime, offering expert security training and providing information and alerts to the retail community.
Our members benefit from:
- 24/7 Account Management
- Access to a secure online portal (DISC) to access data about offenders, risks, new training packages and reporting
- Business representation at meetings attended by GMP and relevant parties
- Access to StoreNet/NiteNet radio networks, linked to the city’s CCTV control room
- Management of city centre Civil Exclusion Schemes to deter repeat offending
- Monthly and tailored security training sessions around issues such as fraud prevention, minor conflict and reducing loss from retail theft
- Alerts around protests, demos, marches and events that could have negative or volatile impacts on business
The BCRP has achieved annual ‘Accreditation with Distinction’ by the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and has received a Divisional Commanders Award from GMP its outstanding partnership work.
If you are an existing CityCo or BID member and require security support, please email Rob Dyson.