Open City Manchester Manchester aspires to be a photography-friendly city, which is open and accessible for people wanting to take pictures. There are many legal restrictions on the right to take a photograph. Here CityCo has put together some simple guidelines to help ensure safe and enjoyable photography of the city.
We have excellent relationships with the city authorities in Manchester and Salford, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the fire and ambulance services. As such we are the only body appointed by the city to collate and disseminate critical information. We provide updates to our members on city developments and in live-time during unanticipated events.
Our members benefit from:
- Guidance on Manchester and Salford’s strategic plans
- Posting of scheduled major road closures
- Alerts to major transport changes or works
- Mapping of property and hotel developments in the pipeline
- Security alerts
- Regular web, Twitter, LinkedIn and e-news updates
- Reports of footfall, sales and tourism trends
- Quarterly city centre performance report
- City centre events calendar