“The First Aid at Work training guided us through all of the practical requirements of a First Aider including how to treat burns, minor injuries, breaks and resuscitation techniques. Led by an expert, friendly and engaging trainer who made the day fun, we would recommended to all businesses.” —Bruntwood
First Aid Training
We host one day Emergency First Aid at Work training throughout the year. The sessions run from 9.30am – 4.30pm on weekdays and offer a mixture of theory, individual and group work and practical sessions.
Understand the role of the First Aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer CPR including using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Each session requires a minimum of 12 attendees and costs £69+ VAT per person.