CityCo facilitated meetings to help Hilton Hotel minimise the impact of glass works taking place on Beetham Tower "The works were due to effect the hotel's valet parking, gym and other guest services. CityCo provided the hotel with an understanding of the scope of the works and best points of contact for the duration. The team then led a series of consultation meetings to ensure close communication between stakeholders throughout the maintenance period." General Manager, Hilton Hotel Manchester Deansgate
CityCo and Manchester BID work very closely with Manchester and Salford’s public agencies to make sure the city centre is working as effectively as possible and we are raising standards.
We work on behalf of members and with public sector partners to identify member needs, make recommendations, offer relevant support and develop action plans. We pride ourselves on connecting, advising and helping members find solutions to day-to-day and longer-term business issues.
We look for better arrangements for a range of operational services such as commercial waste collection, recycling, street furniture, litter and cleansing. We bring the right people to the table to resolve neighbourhood issues together and deliver targeted projects to support these areas.
We also encourage business community action to empower staff take to a positive environmental stance themselves; for example, by cleaning around premises or volunteering at our ‘clean-up’ days.
Our members benefit from:
- Dedicated Account Manager to provide proactive and reactive operational support
- Access to 24/7 emergency response (including issues around street cleansing, commercial waste, graffiti removal, blocked drains and flooding, rough sleeping, noise and trespassing)
- Online ‘How to Report’ guidance, signposting to direct services around street cleaning, commercial waste, counter-terrorism, squatting, urban exploring/trespassing and rough-sleeping
- Support from CityCo’s Business Crime Reduction Partnership including intelligence, bespoke training and access to the city’s security radio-link
- City intelligence including emerging city trends, property and commercial developments mapping, scheduled road closures and major events that may impact business
- Bespoke business training around areas such as how to use a defibrillator, counter-terrorism awareness, urban resilience, ‘Table Top’ emergency scenarios and emergency/evacuation planning
- Access to CSR opportunities such as introduction to grass-roots charities and volunteering at environmental clean-ups days.
To enquire about membership, please email Athena.
If you are a CityCo or Manchester BID member and require support, please email Richard.