Chinese New Year in Manchester
- Date & Time
- Chinatown, Albert Square and across the city centre
Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) works with partners, retailers and cultural venues to celebrate Chinese New Year. Manchester events showcase a mix of traditional celebrations across Chinatown alongside contemporary art, performances, food and family activities across the shopping district.
We will celebrate the Year of the Rat in 2020. Our beautiful annual artwork, based on the Chinese Zodiac, is created by international artist and proud Mancunian Stanley Chow.
- Sunday saw over 80,000 people in the city centre, +5% against the equivalent parade event Sunday 2018
- The annual celebrations bring additional footfall of around 30,000 extra visitors into the city centre vs a normal weekend
- Manchester Arndale Saturday footfall: +6.5% v LY
- Manchester Arndale Sunday footfall: +20.8% v LY
2019 PR Coverage
Sponsors & Partners