Responding to the Manchester Arena attack I wanted to say a quick thank you to CityCo following the work you did in the aftermath of the Manchester terrorist attack on 22nd May 2017. It was clearly...
- Second most visited city in England by domestic visitors
- Third most visited UK destination by international visitors, an increase of 30% between 2006 and 2016
- 40 million visitors to Manchester’s retail district every year, spending over £900 million
- 100,000 strong student population, the UK’s largest
- 50,000 city centre residential population, a rise of 20,000 over the last decade, with more than 10,000 new apartments in development
- £3 billion worth of major property developments in the pipeline, including at St John’s, Old Granada Studios, Mayfield, NOMA and Kampus
- £1.5 billion tram line expansion, with more than £1.85 billlion allocated to transport improvements over the next five years, including the transformation of Manchester Airport
- 2,300 new hotel rooms across Manchester city centre coming on board, increasing supply by 25%
- £11 million worth of development underway at Manchester Arndale, the UK’s busiest inner-city shopping centre
Who we are
CityCo is the city centre management company for Manchester and Salford. We connect businesses and our public sector partners, bringing together the people, ideas and projects that make great things happen.
We are an independent membership organisation and look after 1000 companies covering all sectors, sizes and locations. Our network includes international head offices, SMEs, banks, hotels, property developers, architects, retailers, universities, restaurants, theatres and more.
What we do
- We offer expert advice and city intelligence, solve problems and take action to make our cities better places
- We lobby with city authorities, agencies and stakeholders to shape what happens
- We provide operational services and security support to help businesses tackle challenges, find solutions and operate effectively
- We introduce colleagues, deliver cross-sector networking events and The PA Network to ensure members are up-to-speed, well-connected and showcasing to the right people
- We promote Manchester here and abroad in collaboration with city partners and host high-profile public events and festivals to bring our streets to life
- We run Manchester’s Business Improvement District (BID) bringing retailers together to work on enhancing the central shopping and leisure district
- We offer CSR opportunities to help Manchester companies give back and improve our urban environment
We work to continually make Manchester and Salford better places to do business.