‘The dates that made Manchester’ was a fascinating CitySession I wanted to pass on my feedback following...
- Second most visited city in England by domestic visitors
- Third most visited UK destination by international visitors, an increase of 30% between 2006 and 2016
- 40 million visitors to Manchester’s retail district every year, spending over £900 million
- 100,000 strong student population; the UK’s largest
- 50,000 city centre residential population, a rise of 20,000 over the last decade, with more than 10,000 new apartments in development
- £3 billion worth of major property developments in the pipeline including Circle Square, St John’s, Old Granada Studios, Mayfield, NOMA and Kampus
- £1.5 billion tram line expansion, with more than £1.85 billlion allocated to transport improvements over the next five years, including the transformation of Manchester Airport
- 2,300 new hotel rooms across Manchester city centre coming on board, increasing supply by 25%
- £11 million worth of development underway at Manchester Arndale, the UK’s busiest inner-city shopping centre
Our focus is to support the city’s growth by bringing together our members and public-sector partners to make the city centre the most vibrant, interesting and attractive place it can be.
Who we are
CityCo is the city centre management company for Manchester and Salford. We are an independent membership organisation and look after 1000+ companies covering all sectors, sizes and locations.
Our network includes international head offices, SMEs, banks, hotels, property developers, architects, retailers, universities, restaurants, theatres and more.
We also manage Manchester’s Business Improvement District (Manchester BID).
We pride ourselves on helping members do better business. Whether it’s via sharing critical information, environmental, street or security assistance, our events or promotional opportunities, we are here to help the city work for our community.
- We connect people and make introductions across our membership networks
- We provide operational support to help businesses find solutions to day-to-day and longer term challenges
- We run the Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership in liaison with Greater Manchester Police
- We run a series of working forums and action groups across the city to tackle neighbourhood issues
- We offer CSR opportunities to help businesses give back; such a community clean-up days
- We offer business training including Counter-Terrorism Awareness, retail security and First Aid at Work
- We share monthly city centre footfall, weekly footfall and weekly sales trends
- We share the UrbInfo Manchester Property Developments Map
- We promote Manchester here and abroad in collaboration with city partners including Marketing Manchester and TfGM
- We deliver a programme of cross-sector corporate events including CitySessions, Tours, Dinners and Lunches
- We run the The PA Network; an opportunity to showcase corporate hospitality to the city’s event-bookers
- We run Manchester’s Business Improvement District; a consortium of 400 premium retailers and restaurants working together to enhance the shopping district
- We host public events and festivals through the Manchester BID to bring the city streets to life
- We share an online and printed City Centre Events Calendar to enable businesses to participate and plan ahead
- We post scheduled city centre road closures
- We offer members the opportunity to host our events, partner, sponsor and put forward speakers to raise company profiles
- We share good news and achievements on behalf of our members via a monthly network newsletter
- We share member promotions and offers with the PA Network
- We offer preferred-supplier status to our members
- We lobby with city authorities, agencies and stakeholders on behalf of our members to shape what happens here.
We work to continually make Manchester and Salford better places to do business.
Join our network
Talk to us about how we can help your business.