CityCo and Manchester BID have been a key part of the success of Bee in the City "From the outset, the team supported us and introduced us to key businesses which made such an impact. The work you do in delivering high-quality events and the BID's fantastic...
- Second most visited city in England by domestic visitors
- Third most visited UK destination by international visitors, an increase of 30% between 2006 and 2016
- 40 million visitors to Manchester’s retail district every year, spending over £900 million
- 100,000 strong student population – the UK’s largest
- 50,000 city centre residential population, a rise of 20,000 over the last decade with more than 10,000 new apartments in development
- £3 billion worth of major property developments in the pipeline in central Manchester inc. Circle Square, St John’s Neighbourhood, Mayfield, NOMA and Kampus
- £300 million worth of cultural development projects in the pipeline inc. Factory, Halle St Peters, Band on the Wall, RHS Bridgewater, Science & Industry Museum, Manchester Museum,
- £1.5 billion tram line expansion continuing with more than £1.85 billlion allocated to transport improvements over the next five years, including the transformation of Manchester Airport
- 2,300 new hotel rooms across Manchester city centre coming on board, increasing supply by 25%
- £11 million worth of recent development Manchester Arndale, the UK’s busiest inner-city shopping centre.
Our focus is to support city growth by bringing together our members and public-sector partners to make the city centre the most successful, interesting and attractive place it can be.
Who We Are
CityCo is The City Centre Management Company. We are an independent membership organisation and work with 1000+ companies across Manchester and Salford covering all sectors, sizes and locations. Our membership network includes international head offices, SMEs, banks, hotels, property developers, architects, retailers, universities, restaurants, theatres and more.
Our aim it so continually make Manchester and Salford city centres better places to invest, work, visit and live.
What We Do
We are membership organisation. Whether it’s via sharing critical information, environmental, street or security assistance, we are here to help the city work for our community.
We work across Manchester’s central City Villages: NOMA, Medieval Quarter, Greengate, New Bailey, Northern Quarter, Piccadilly, The Gay Village, Oxford Road Corridor, First Street, Petersfield, Castlefield, Chinatown, Civic Quarter, St John’s, Spinningfields and Central Retail District.
- The School of CityCo
- Operational Support
- City Forums and Lobbying
- Business Crime Reduction
- Business Briefings and Training
- City Intelligence
- Corporate Events
- Business Promotion
- Public Events
- Room Hire
The School of CityCo
The School of CityCo is our programme of best practice operational workshops to train businesses on urban resilience strategies.
Our central Manchester Rooms for Hire are unique spaces to hold a corporate event. The rooms, complete with beautiful heritage features, are on the top floor of Lloyds House, overlooking Manchester Town Hall. We can cater for 2-80 people in one of three stunning venues: The Shipping Office, The Cotton Room and The Sorting Room.