RECRUITMENT: City Hosts17th Mar 2023
CityCo and Manchester BID are recruiting for multiple permanent full and part time City Host roles, providing a warm welcome to visitors from a team of ‘on street’ ambassadors, as well as other support services.
The ‘BID City Hosts’ have operated successfully for over ten years, concentrated in the retail and leisure heart of the city centre. The City Hosts provide a warm visitor welcome in a top three destination for UK and international visitors, patrolling the BID area daily, visiting businesses, and reporting environmental and cleaning issues. For 2023, CityCo will work in partnership with the city’s new Accommodation BID (ABID) and expand this scheme out to the major transport points, as well as being available in a wider area of the city, providing a welcoming face with excellent local knowledge to share.
CityCo Manchester is The City Centre Management Company. We manage the city centre BID and are partners of the exciting new ABID, launching from April 2023. We connect the people, projects and ideas that are driving the city centre economy.
About Manchester City Centre BID
The City Centre BID has existed since 2012, focusing on making the city centre a more attractive, vibrant and exciting. The BID covers retail, hospitality, leisure and office tenants within the retail core of the city centre. It now includes around 600 businesses and will focus on delivery of events, additional cleaning services, provision of ‘on street’ hosting services and ensuring businesses are fully informed of activity within the city centre. In addition to attracting visitors and tourists, the BID will be working to encourage city centre workers to come back into the office. As a new strand from 2023, it will be working together with businesses on environmental and social matters.
About Manchester Accommodation BID (ABID)
The Manchester ABID is a ground-breaking new initiative led by the city’s hotel and serviced apartment providers to help create new events and additional activities that will attract more people to visit and stay in Manchester and Salford. It will also contribute to the enhancement of overall guest experience and help to expand the city’s visitor economy. The ABID will create a first-class city welcome programme to benefit all accommodation providers.
REPORTING TO: CITY HOST TEAM MANAGER
HOURS OF WORK
– Full-Time – based on 40 hours per week.
– Part Time – based on 24 hours per week (across 3 days).
– Shift pattern will include some weekends and Bank Holidays, and includes paid breaks. Operational hours are generally 10am to 7pm on a rota basis across 7 days.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT/NOTICE
Permanent. Notice period dependant on length of service.
TRAINING & INDUCTION
A comprehensive training and induction programme will be provided.
Full uniform will be provided.
– ‘Real Living Wage’ employer (calculated by the Living Wage Foundation). Currently £10.90 per hour.
– Additional bonus scheme.
– Company Pension scheme.
– Private Medical Insurance (on completion of probation period).
– 20 days paid leave per annum (pro rata for part time).
SKILLS & DUTIES
As a City Host, you will need to:
– Be self-motivated with a positive attitude, interested in the ongoing evolution of the service sector across retail, leisure and hospitality.
– Have the ability to work unsupervised and manage workplace priorities.
– Welcome visitors, promote the city & provide useful information on how visitors can best spend their time whilst in Manchester city centre. Always personally demonstrating the highest levels of customer service.
– Engage with businesses located in the city centre BID area, to provide regular updates on key BID projects and initiatives. Plus key information about partner events, major roadworks etc.
– Have a keen eye for detail, looking out for environmental issues in the BID area and on the main entry points to the city, logging any findings via a host reporting app.
– Liaise with the BID’s operations and cleaning teams.
– Work with fellow City Hosts and other colleagues, to ensure that events run smoothly, as well as promoting local events to visitors and businesses.
– Provide support to the BID management team, to ensure the smooth day to day running of the service.
– Help improve communication between the BID levy payers and relevant partners within the city centre i.e. update personally and also direct to website, surveys and briefings.
– Produce reports using a smart phone and other appropriate IT equipment, for which training will be provided.
– Participate in additional projects as determined by the BIDs.
– Have GCSE English and Maths grades 9 to 4 (‘O’ level A to C).
– The ability to converse in more than one language would be an advantage but not essential.
– Comply with the company Employee Handbook.
– Other duties which may be reasonably requested.
– Provide basic First Aid support, and where appropriate, assistance with missing & vulnerable persons and other services. (Training will be provided).
CityCo embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. We actively welcome applications from anyone who shares our commitment to inclusion, we will fully support candidates with a disability or long-term condition who require adjustments in our recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 6th April.