Manchester Salford Inner Relief Route – Major Works from 29 August29th August 2018 — 31st August 2019
Major road improvement works on one of the busiest routes in and out of Manchester and Salford will start on Wednesday 29 August.
The work will improve capacity by up to 20% at six major junctions in and around Regent Road, reducing congestion and delays.
- The junction of Dawson Street, Regent Road, Trinity Way and Water Street
- The junction of Regent Road and Ordsall Lane (Salford)
- The junction of Regent Road and Oldfield Road (Salford)
- The Mancunian Way, A56, A5067 roundabout
- The junction of Trinity Way and Hampson Street
- The junction of Hampson Street, East Ordsall Lane and Middlewood Street
The work will last for 12 months and will have a major impact on journey times. TfGM are therefore advising people to plan ahead to Re-Route, Re-Time, Re-Mode and Reduce journeys, especially during peak morning and evening commuter times.
Businesses are encouraged to promote flexible working, walking, cycling, public transport and car-sharing to employees where possible.
Regular analysis of how the works are impacting travel and businesses will be undertaken weekly by TfGM to alter specific messaging and travel advice.