We’re Hiring! Operations Admin Assistant21st Feb 2023
We are hiring!
Title: Operations Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Partnership Director
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: Up to £25,000
CityCo and Manchester City Centre Business Improvement District are recruiting the new position of Operations Admin Assistant.
We are looking for a confident, professional administrator, who has a good working knowledge of Manchester city centre’s business community, and an interest in Manchester’s ongoing success.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as and demonstrable administrative abilities.
The role requires the skill to fully support across a number of diverse and complex projects, using IT/CRM, written and telephone skills, often with quickly evolving priorities.
Whilst the role primarily supports the operations and senior management team, responsibilities will also include the smooth running of the wider management office, receptionist duties, and internal/external corporate event support as required.
Duties will also include accurate minute taking and record keeping, arranging meetings with internal and external stakeholders, preparing external communications and scheduling complex diary requests with a range of influential stakeholders.
The Operations Admin Assistant will need a proactive attitude and professional customer service skills.
CityCo and The Manchester BID’s network includes working with senior and influential stakeholder across the city, and as such discretion and the ability to work unsupervised in a commercially confidential environment is essential.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter (with recent references) to Alex.email@example.com by 6th March 2023.
Interviews will take place in Manchester, week commencing 13th March 2023.
Manchester is the second most visited city in England, attracting 40 million customers to the retail district every year. We have a 100,000 strong student population. £3 billion worth of major new property sites and £300 million worth of cultural projects are under development. £1.85 billion is allocated to transport improvements over the next five years including the transformation of Manchester Airport.
Every success has a story to tell: and CityCo and its sister organisation Manchester City Centre Business Improvement District (Manchester BID) are part of the picture.
CityCo is the city centre management company and is a membership organisation. We bring together the private and public-sector to support growth and create a vibrant, resilient city. We work with companies across all sectors, sizes and locations and our network includes head offices, banks, hotels, property, architects, shops, universities, restaurants, theatres and more.
Our work takes us across Manchester’s central neighbourhoods including NOMA, Medieval Quarter, Greengate, New Bailey, Northern Quarter, Piccadilly, Gay Village, Oxford Road, First Street, Petersfield, Chinatown, Civic Quarter, St John’s, Spinningfields and the Retail District.
We offer a range of Business Services to our membership: Operational Support, City Forums and Lobbying, Business Crime Reduction Partnership, Business Training, Business Briefings, City Intelligence, Corporate Events, CityCo Event & Meeting Spaces.
CityCo will be delivering the new term of the Manchester City Centre Business Improvement District, Manchester BID from April 2023. The BID is a working consortium of over 600 retail, food/drink operators and office occupiers in the city centre. The purpose is to help businesses by offering lobbying support, operational and customer services, and delivering a programme of public events.
We are a small, passionate team, reporting to a board of business, civic and cultural leaders.
Job Purpose and responsibilities
The purpose of the role to enable the smooth running of the operations team, and the wider office day to day functions, and event support.
The Operations Admin Assistant is also responsible for supporting Partnership Director and Operations Manager as required in diary management, and the wider Operations team in all areas of administration. The role also requires some Senior Executive admin support such as diary and meeting management.
The responsibilities include accurate meeting scheduling and preparation, minute recording and distribution, database management, and basic research within a confidential and often sensitive environment.
The role will also support the internal and external events programme, which includes room preparation, basic catering, and some light cleaning duties. Core to the role are traditional reception duties, including call taking, welcoming guests, managing contractors and landlord liaison, and ensuing the essential office equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- To support the Partnership Director and Operations management team with diary co-ordination, including in-house and external meetings, and to act as minute taker when required.
- To accurately record the activity and actions of the operations team within the CRM and database systems as required.
- To carefully manage other Senior Exec’s diary and to respond to any changes, rearrangements, and cancellations quickly and professionally.
- To secure meetings with CityCo members, levy payers and stakeholders as required.
- To ensure that all visitors and clients are warmly welcomed to the Lloyd Street office and any catering requirements are met.
- Manage office communications, including general inbox emails, incoming telephone calls and post service.
- To organise all administration and preparation for executive groups, board meetings, AGMs and other high-profile meetings as required. To secure and confirm attendance.
- To research and deliver reports and other city data as well as preparing performance reports and executive briefing notes.
- To arrange travel and other external bookings as required.
- To assist with internal event and meeting room bookings within the Lloyd Street office meeting spaces. This includes the audio visual and catering requirements.
- To assist with the smooth running of commercial event bookings from external clients.
- To support the BIDs external Office Network events as required.
- GCSE O level / equivalent English and Maths ( A-C)
- IT literate, including social media platforms such as LinkedIn
- Report and briefing note preparation experience
- Experience of executive diary management and scheduling
- Excellent time and information management / record keeping
- Experience of working in commercially confidential environment
- Small event / seminar management competence
- Management of office contracts such as domestic services / IT
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Flexible attitude and understanding of fast paced environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage workplace priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to work on initiative unsupervised
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding of the wide business community and sector mix in Manchester
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore evening and weekend work will be required.
To comply with changes in the legislation covering the activities of the Manchester BID and CityCo it is required that all staff undertakes training as directed by their line manager or the Chief Executive. It is also essential that all staff carry out their duties in a safe manner in accordance with the current Health & Safety at work legislation.
The role will be based at the main CityCo office in central Manchester with the expectation that many of the activities will take place at the workplaces of members and associated businesses.
Annual leave entitlement of 26 days plus bank holidays
This post is subject to a twelve week probationary period.