Manchester BID Additional City Centre Cleaning Programme17th Jan 2022
Manchester Business Improvement District is running a city centre cleaning programme in addition to Council activity. This is in support of the BID’s network of businesses to increase the frequency of street cleaning in the city centre.
The aim is to improve the customer welcome and operator experience around Manchester’s main shopping area.
Streets covered include Deansgate, St Ann’s Square, Piccadilly, Market Street, King Street, New Cathedral Street, Exchange Square, Police Street, Mosley Street, Four Yards, Marble Street, Half Moon Street and New Market Lane.
Ramora and Adept Corporate Services have been commissioned by Manchester BID as the service providers.
BID Cleaning Programme
The cleaning programme is:
- Jet washing pavements, alleys, fire exits, entrances and the general streetscape
- Deep-cleaning areas that need it
- Steam-cleaning seating areas, benches and bins
- Foam-cleaning connecting streets and alleyways
- Removing liquids and other detritus on the streets
- Removing graffiti
- Removing chewing-gum
- Delivering specific cleaning in response to city centre events.
As well as scheduled cleaning, BID levy payer retailers and restaurants can request jet-washing, liquids, litter and graffiti removal as required.
The BID’s team of City Hosts are out daily in the area and are liaising with businesses. They can log cleaning jobs as they arise.
Please speak to your City Host – or email firstname.lastname@example.org – to submit a cleaning request.