City Forums & Lobbying CityCo and Manchester BID represent our business networks at a range of city meetings and forums. As constant corporate champions, we have an influential role in lobbying local authorities authorities, transport organisations and...
Manchester Business Improvement District is running a city centre cleaning programme in addition to Council activity.
This is in support of BID levy payers to increase the frequency of street cleaning in the city centre. The aim is to improve the customer welcome and operator experience around Manchester’s main shopping area.
Streets covered include Deansgate, St Ann’s Square, Piccadilly, Market Street, King Street, New Cathedral Street, Exchange Square, Police Street, Mosley Street, Four Yards, Marble Street, Half Moon Street and New Market Lane.
- Jet washing pavements, alleys, fire exits, entrances and the general streetscape
- Deep-cleaning areas that need it
- Steam-cleaning seating areas, benches and bins
- Foam-cleaning connecting streets and alleyways
- Removing liquids and other detritus on the streets
- Removing graffiti
- Removing chewing-gum
- Delivering specific cleaning in response to city centre events.
As well as scheduled cleaning, BID levy payer retailers and restaurants can request jet-washing, liquids, litter and graffiti removal as required. Please talk to a City Host or email email@example.com