Manchester BID: The Story so Far11th May 2017
In 2016, The Lonely Planet rated Manchester as one of the top ten places to visit in the world. The Manchester BID has played its part in transforming our reputation.
- A record 26 million passengers at Manchester Airport in 2016
- £1 billion investment planned for Manchester Airport
- The second most visited city in England by domestic visitors
- The third most visited UK destination by international visitors
- Each year 40 million people visit the heart of Manchester shopping district, spending more than £900 million
- Rated the UK’s top shopping economy outside London by Colliers International
Every success has a story to tell
There are almost 400 members of Manchester’s Business Improvement District and since 2013, through CityCo, they have been working together to transform our city centre offer. Together, members contribute £1 million each year.
The first four years in numbers
- Continuous footfall growth: MCR +5.8% UK -1.3%
- 5-8pm footfall: MCR +4.1% UK -0.9%
- 450,000 visitors helped by our City Hosts
- 110,000m2 of pavement cleaned
- 1 million+ visitors to Dig the City
- £11,361,583 marketing and press AVE
- £76 million of extra spend unlocked through city marketing campaigns
We’re focused on success at all times and have four themes at our heart
As one of England’s leading Business Improvement Districts, we’ve worked hard to measure our performance and success.
Flick through our Story so Far brochure to read about what we promised to deliver and our success since: