Operational and Security Services CityCo and Manchester BID provide our business networks with a range of operational and security services to help bring the right people together to resolve neighbourhood and practical issues. We work on behalf...
Women's Night-time Safety Charter Training
Manchester Women’s Night-time Safety Charter is an initiative to help improve the safety for all women in the night-time economy.
The charter is specifically aimed at employers with a female workforce who are at work between 6pm and 6am. It is intended to enable organisations to prioritise the safety of women, both workers and customers of Manchester’s thriving night-time economy.
The Charter Pledge
- Appoint a Champion – Appointing a named contact for this work who will champion and drive forward any action taken
- Communicate – Positive, public/staff-facing communications campaign, both online and in your space(s)
- Support your staff – Create routes for reporting unacceptable behaviour while at work and supporting cultural change
- Support the public – Create routes for reporting unacceptable behaviour while using your service or space at night
- Training and responding – Staff training on the issue, including what to say and do, what not to say and do, and any relevant policies
- Training: recording – Staff training on information-sharing and appropriate recording of details
- Designing for safety – Audit your spaces and adapt them to promote a safer environment and reduce risk of crime.
Welfare and Vulnerability Training
Join organisations who have pledged support for the Women’s Night-time Safety Charter. The training aims to increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of those working in the night-time economy around identifying vulnerability and making appropriate interventions.
The training will cover:
- What is sexual abuse and harassment
- Impact of sexual abuse
- Myths and misconceptions about sexual abuse
- How to respond to disclosures
- Creating a safe space
- Safeguarding responsibilities
- Help and support that is available
- Women’s Night-time Safety Charter – 7 pledges
- Good Night Out Guide
The training is open to staff at all levels. Numbers are limited. Please register each trainee separately.