We’re HIRING! City Host3rd Dec 2021
CityCo, Manchester’s City Centre Management Company, manages the city’s Business Improvement District. Manchester BID spans Market Street to Deansgate, and brings together more than 400 shops and restaurants including lots of leading brand names.
The Head Office team in Lloyds House is delivering a BID Business Plan that delivers public events, projects, initiatives and PR to support businesses. One of the integral services of the BID is our team of welcome-ambassadors: Manchester’s City Hosts.
The hosting team offers a recognisable presence to welcome customers, improve the visitor experience, and monitor the streets to ensure Manchester is a place people enjoy visiting.
Fancy joining the team? We’re recruiting for a new City Host.
We are open to people seeking a Full Time or Part Time Role.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a positive attitude, is proactive and has a love for Manchester
- Can demonstrate the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Can engage effectively with a range of staff members in city businesses at all levels
- Has a keen eye for detail to effectively report environmental issues
- Can liaise effectively with Head Office and public agency colleagues
- Will greet visits with enthusiasm and friendliness to promote our great city
HOURS OF WORK:
- Full-Time: based on 40 Hours/week (shift pattern will include weekends and some Bank Holidays)
- Part-Time: based on 24 Hours/week, days negotiable but will include some weekends
Operational hours are Monday to Sunday.
£19,270 (if PT, pro-rata)
PERIOD OF CONTRACT/NOTICE:
- Permanent subject to the duration of the BID
- Notice period dependent on length of service
- To patrol the central shopping district as part of a small team, liaising effectively with stores and restaurants
- To provide feedback from businesses to Head Office
- To facilitate communication between businesses and public agencies e.g. Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester, waste-collection agencies
- To deliver and engage businesses around BID information, newsletters, surveys, event news, and invites to Head Office briefings
- To provide a visible, warm, visitor welcome to UK and international visitors that come to Manchester, offering helpful tourist information
- To provide a professional, friendly and helpful service at all times
- To observe and log environmental, cleaning and anti-social issues around the BID streets
- To support around general operations in the city centre e.g. waste collection, road closures, protests and events
- To work as a team to ensure the BID’s public events run smoothly (inc. Halloween, Chinese New Year, Manchester Flower Show)
- To support with prosecutions relating to the city’s Public Spaces Protection Order, Criminal Behaviour Order and other legislation
- To provide basic First Aid and assist with missing persons and other such incidents, should they arise
Intelligence Gathering and Reporting
- To keep appraised of news and issues that are impacting Manchester city centre inc. footfall, transport, property developments, major events etc.
- To log interactions and produce reports using phone apps and other IT (training provided)
Meetings and Team Work
- To work as part of a small City Hosts team
- To attend regular BID Operations and Head Office meetings to keep informed and share intel
- To comply with the CityCo company Employee Handbook
- To participate in additional projects as determined by the BID
City Host Team Manager
TRAINING & INDUCTION
- Comprehensive training and induction programme provided by CityCo’s BID team and City Host Team Manager
- Manchester City Host uniform is provided
TO APPLY, please email your CV and a short Cover Letter, stating why you would love to be a Manchester City Host to: