Women’s Night-time Safety Charter Training
- Date & Time
CityCo and Manchester City BID have a unique position at the heart of the city centre: at the intersection of business sectors, public agencies, delivery partners and operational suppliers.
This means we are always in the loop and know who to talk to. We can help you stay up to date with the latest tactical and training knowledge.
Women’s Night-time Safety Charter
This is a Manchester City Council initiative, working with CityCo, to help improve the safety for all women in the night-time economy.
The charter is specifically aimed at employers with a female workforce who are at work between 6pm and 6am. It is intended to enable organisations to prioritise the safety of women, both workers and customers of Manchester’s thriving night-time economy.
The Charter Pledge
- Appoint a Champion – Appointing a named contact for this work who will champion and drive forward any action taken
- Communicate – Positive, public/staff-facing communications campaign, both online and in your space(s)
- Support your staff – Create routes for reporting unacceptable behaviour while at work and supporting cultural change
- Support the public – Create routes for reporting unacceptable behaviour while using your service or space at night
- Training and responding – Staff training on the issue, including what to say and do, what not to say and do, and any relevant policies
- Training: recording – Staff training on information-sharing and appropriate recording of details
- Designing for safety – Audit your spaces and adapt them to promote a safer environment and reduce risk of crime.
Welfare and Vulnerability Training
Join organisations who have pledged support for the Women’s Night-time Safety Charter.
The training aims to increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of those working in the night-time economy around identifying vulnerability and making appropriate interventions. The training covers:
- What is sexual abuse and harassment
- Impact of sexual abuse
- Myths and misconceptions about sexual abuse
- How to respond to disclosures
- Creating a safe space
- Safeguarding responsibilities
- Help and support that is available
- Women’s Night-time Safety Charter – 7 pledges
- Good Night Out Guide