City Forums and Lobbying CityCo and Manchester BID represent our business networks at a range of city meetings and forums. As constant corporate champions, we have an influential role in lobbying local authorities authorities, transport organisations and...
Manchester Business Improvement District (BID) works with Manchester City Council, Marketing Manchester, Transport for Greater Manchester, retailers and cultural venues to celebrate Halloween. The seasonal event has become the fastest growing consumer festival in the UK retail calendar and we are therefore working to harness the occasion on behalf of levy payers – as a chance to attract visits and spend – and also have some Fun.
We have so far delivered four consecutive celebrations and marketing campaigns for Halloween in the City in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The annual event is a family-friendly festival and we showcase the range of events across the city through a digital media partnership with Marketing Manchester.
Our national press campaign is managed by our agency Echo PR.
*The 2020 event saw the return of the lanterns and MCR Monsters only*
- Outdoor, digital advertising, social and print media strategy delivered by Manchester BID
- PR including media partnerships with targeted outlets
Visit Manchester Digital Campaign
- Online portal visitmanchester.com/halloween featuring event listings
- Priority placements across the site for Halloween including megamenus, inspiration blocks and homepage features
- Editorial content around the events
- Paid digital advertising campaign across across Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Organic social campaign across Facebook, Twitter, WeChat and Weibo
- 17,000 emails sent with Halloween content
2019 Headline Digital Results
- 202,313 page views to campaign pages
- +3 million paid digital impressions driving 55,00 clicks to Halloween in the City portal
- 150,000 organic social media impressions
2019 PR Headlines
- £1.2 million local, regional and national online, print and broadcast coverage
- National titles inc. The Telegraph, Independent, I Paper, Evening Standard, The Sun, Daily Mirror, Metro, Waitrose Weekend, Skiddle, NetMums, KidsGuide
- Regional titles inc. Metro Scotland, Express & Star Birmingham and Staffordshire, Shropshire Star
- Local titles inc. Manchester Evening News, Manchester Wire, Confidential, Creative Tourist, I Love Manchester, The Manc, About Manchester, Manchester’s Finest, Place North West
- Broadcast titles inc. Hits Radio, BBC Radio Manchester and Heart North West
Sponsors & Partners
With thanks to our 2020 Monster Sponsors: Bruntwood Works, Manchester Arndale, MODA Angel Gardens, Selfridges, Spinningfields, Printworks, Great Northern Warehouse.
With thanks to our 2019 Monster Sponsors: Manchester Arndale, Selfridges Exchange Square, The Royal Exchange, House of Fraser, Spinningfields, INNSiDE by Melia, Printworks, Piccadilly Place, Depot at Mayfield, Native at Ducie Street Warehouse, Great Northern Warehouse, Media City.