We’re Hiring! City Host26th May 2022
Manchester Business Improvement District: City Host
Tourist Information Officer & Business Liaison
How to Apply
Please send a CV and Covering Letter explaining why you’d love to be a Manchester City Host to: Andy McDermott at email@example.com
About Manchester BID
Manchester BID is the city’s retail Business Improvement District – group of 400 shops and restaurants managed by the City Centre Management Company CityCo.
The BID aims to support city centre vibrancy and economic success by bringing retailers together with each other, and Manchester’s public agencies, to enhance operations and attract additional custom.
Do read more about the companies on this website.
- To patrol the Manchester Business Improvement District (BID) area daily providing quality business interactions
- To observe and log environmental and cleaning issues
- To provide a warm visitor welcome in a top three destination for UK and international visitors
- To help deliver the aims and objectives of the Manchester BID Business Plan
The City Hosts Team Manager
HOURS OF WORK
Full-Time – based on 40 Hours per week (shift pattern will include weekends and some Bank Holidays). Operational hours are Monday to Sunday.
Part Time – based on 24hrs per week. Days negotiable but will include some weekends.
Pro rata to £20,592.00 per year.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT/NOTICE
Permanent subject to the duration of the current BID.
Notice period dependent on length of service.
TRAINING & INDUCTION
Comprehensive training and induction will be provided.
AS A CITY HOST YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Be a forward-thinking person with a positive attitude who is willing to go the extra mile, demonstrating the highest levels of customer service at all times
- Engage with businesses located in the city centre BID shopping and hospitality district, in order to provide regular updates on key BID projects and initiatives
- Have a keen eye for detail, looking out for environmental issues in the BID area and report them via Host reporting App. Liaise with the BID’s operations and cleaning teams to take a proactive approach
- Greet visitors, promote the city and provide useful information on how visitors can best spend their time whilst in Manchester city centre
- Work with fellow City Hosts and other colleagues, to ensure that events run smoothly, as well as promoting local events to visitors and businesses
- Liaise with public agencies on environmental and anti-social behaviour issues
- Provide support to the BID Project Officer, to ensure the smooth day to day running of the service.
- To provide an instantly recognisable City Host service by patrolling the BID area daily and in accordance with prescribed patrol techniques
- To visit BID businesses or ‘levy payers’ on a daily basis, whilst also providing a high-quality visitor support service
- To improve the visitor experience and reporting environmental issues with the aim of making the city centre a place people enjoy visiting, thus increasing revenue to BID levy payers
- The City Host will also be expected to provide basic First Aid and support where appropriate, assistance with missing & vulnerable persons and other services as dictated by operational matters arising.
- Information and attendance at levy payer briefings with the BIDs Operations and Management teams
- To keep appraised of developments and issues which are having an impact on the city centre e.g. transport, events, footfall trends
- Involvement and support of operations in the city centre delivered by partner agencies
- Evidence gathering and statement writing to support prosecutions relating to the Public Spaces Protection Order, Criminal Behaviour Order or any other relevant legislation.
- To visit regularly visit businesses daily to discuss business needs, city events, discuss suggestions or other feedback for the BID office
- To provide a presentable and highly visible meet & greet information service to visitors to the city centre
- To help improve communication between the BID levy payers and relevant partners within the city centre e.g. update personally and also direct to website, surveys and briefings
- To maintain a professional, friendly and helpful service at all times
- To attend regular team meetings.
- To patrol on foot in accordance with a zoned patrol system
- To work as part of a small team
- To follow procedures regarding standards of dress (uniform provided).
Use of technology
- To produce reports using PDA’s and other appropriate IT equipment, for which training will be provided.
- To comply with the CityCo/BID Employee Handbook
- To participate in additional projects as determined by the BID
- To carry out surveys, distribute BID levy payer information and local attractions media
- To use an appropriate degree of personal initiative
- To work on individual projects as determined by the BID
- Other duties which may be reasonably requested.