Operational & Security Support CityCo and Manchester BID provide business networks with operational and security services to help bring the right people together to resolve neighbourhood and practical issues. We work on behalf of members and with...
CityCo and Manchester City BID have a unique position at the heart of the city centre: at the intersection of business sectors, public agencies, delivery partners and operational suppliers.
This means we are always in the loop and know who to talk to. We can help you stay up to date with the latest tactical and training knowledge.
We assist members with the tactical challenges and opportunities of running a business in Manchester city centre. We pre-empt and provide support across issues that can affect successful operation.
The Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership helps to create a safe environment for businesses, their employees, clients, and customers.
The team reports business-related crime in partnership with Greater Manchester Police and Manchester City Council’s anti-social behaviour team (ASBAT).
Manchester BCRP has been running for well over a decade and is an award-winning partnership.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 0161 838 3267/1
BCRP Membership Benefits
- Secure access to an online portal that shares data and information on repeat offenders, named ‘Disc’ (GDPR compliant)
- Secure access to Store/NiteNet security radio networks, linked to the city’s CCTV control room
- Membership of Manchester’s Civil Exclusion Scheme (sector-specific)
- Supply of real-time security intelligence
- Notifications of city centre protests and emergency security alerts
- Invitations to monthly intelligence briefings on emerging issues, with guest speakers
- Invitations to city centre security briefings
- Invitations to expert training on crime prevention, anti-terrorism awareness, reducing loss from theft, combatting credit card fraud, how to deal with counterfeit currency, and conflict management
- Full training on Disc and data compliance
Reporting Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
Depending on the situation, there are a number of ways to report crime and ASB in Manchester city centre:
- Greater Manchester Police
- Manchester BCRP
- Manchester Anti-Social Behaviour Team (ASBAT)
- Manchester City Council Street Engagement/Outreach Team
By reporting, a range of actions can take place against individuals. These could include:
- Punishment from the criminal justice system (via the Police)
- Serving of Civil Partnership Exclusion Notices (via BCRP)
- Serving of Community Protection Notices, Injunctions, and Community Banning Orders (via ASBAT)
Manchester Accommodation BID and the BCRP
ABID members are invited to join the BCRP to receive all membership benefits. To enquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 BCRP Business Briefings
Members from the city centre are invited to join the team for a monthly briefing.