Financial Support for Businesses affected by Covid10th Feb 2021
These grants are being administered by Manchester City Council.
Local Restrictions Support Grant
Grant Information (LRSG)
- You can apply for this grant if your business has a business rates account and has been required to close by government due to local or national COVID-19 restrictions.
Expanded Discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant (Feb 2021)
Manchester City Council has expanded the discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant #ARG to help businesses whose trade has been significantly affected by the absence of workers, commuters and tourists in the city due to lockdown restrictions.
The scheme has been designed to support #Manchester businesses that have seen a big drop in trade, but who have been ineligible for other Government grant schemes.
Grant payments will cover the period of national lockdown from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021 in line with Government guidance. If the national lockdown is extended beyond 15 February, further payments may be made.
The main scheme will support:
Businesses in Manchester with Business Rates liability or fixed property costs who have been significantly impacted by the downturn in:
* The daytime economy trade
* The tourism and cultural sectors and the airport supply chain
* Self- employed company directors of small businesses without fixed business property related costs
Discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant
Grant Information (ARG)
You can apply for this grant if your business:
- Is not registered with a business rates account and is therefore not eligible for a Local Restriction Support Grant, but has fixed business property related costs, such as rent, a lease or mortgage and was required to close by the government due to local or national restrictions, or
- Was not required to close by Government and therefore is not eligible for a Local Restriction Support Grant, but has been severely impacted as it is in the wholesale supply chain of hospitality, accommodation, and leisure sectors. This includes businesses with a business rates account, and those without an account but with fixed business property related costs.
Cultural Hardship Fund for Freelancers
The Cultural Hardship Fund for freelancers is a new grant scheme available for freelancers in the cultural and creative sectors in Manchester who are experiencing hardship as a result of disrupted work due to Covid19. Thanks to the generosity of Manchester based charity The Savannah Wisdom Foundation and B&M Retail PLC, freelancers, including artists, are able to apply for a one-off grant to help tide them over.
The Foundation is making up to £500,000 available in grants of £1,500 to individual freelancers. The application form is now live, it will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis and the fund will close when all the money is spent.
Find out if you are eligible for a grant through the Cultural Hardship Fund for Freelancers
Other Financial Support
- New retail, hospitality and leisure one-off top up grants
- If you are a wet-led pub see if you are eligible for the Christmas 2020 support payment
- Check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- There is also Government support and grants for employers that are hiring or want to offer work placements
- Search all Coronavirus financial support measures available for your business on gov.uk or find by category.
CityCo & Manchester BID Membership Support
CityCo and Manchester BID are here to support our business members. We are currently in liaison with partners including Manchester City Council, Greater Manchester Police and Transport for Greater Manchester, and will update our networks. We will continue to share city information as we receive it and are on the end of the phone for any operational or security concerns:
Please get in touch if you need us:
- For operational/public realm support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For queries related to the Business Improvement District, please email email@example.com
- For Business Crime Unit support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org