Everyone Welcome: Manchester LGBTQ+ Trail & Walking Tour14th Aug 2023
PRESS RELEASE: Everyone Welcome: Manchester LGBTQ+ Trail and Guided Tours
- Celebrate Manchester Pride on a Walking Tour with a Difference: Take the trail with famous Drag Queens and LGBTQ+ Mancunians
- Tuesday 22nd August (6pm), Wednesday 23rd August (6pm) & Thursday 24th August (1pm & 6pm)
- Meeting Location for Guided Tours: Whitworth Locke Hotel, 74 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6JD
- Booking link: manchester-pride-trail.eventbrite.co.uk
- Online Trail Map: www.visitmanchester.com/lgbtqtrail
Discover centuries of LGBTQ+ Manchester history with a walking trail and guided tour hosted by local playwright and guide, Chris Hoyle – and some very special guests.
From Victorian drag balls to Canal Street, the Campaign for Homosexual Equality and the city’s famous Pride Parade, Manchester has always led the way with queer activism. Follow the trail to explore LGBTQ+ stories whist celebrating and reflecting on the city’s activism, resilience, and progress.
Guided tours will take place on Tuesday 22nd August (6pm), Wednesday 23rd August (6pm) & Thursday 24th August (1pm & 6pm).
The 2-hour city centre walk takes in locations to be proud of such as the Gay Village, The Beacon of Hope, Alan Turning Memorial and The Hacienda to name a few.
An online version of the trail can be found at visitmanchester.com/lgbtqtrail
The trail has been commissioned by Manchester’s Accommodation BID (city centre hotels) to celebrate and welcome visitors to the city over the Manchester Pride Festival.
Notes to Editors:
Manchester Accommodation BID is a ground-breaking initiative led by the city’s hotel and serviced apartment providers to help create new events and additional activities that will attract more people to visit and stay in Manchester and Salford. It contributes to the enhancement of overall guest experience and helps to expand the city’s visitor economy by:
- Amplifying marketing campaigns that drive overnight stays.
- Securing large-scale events, conferences, and festivals in low season months.
- Improving guest welcome and street cleanliness.
The above activities are funded by the City Visitor Charge; a supplementary £1 Charge per room/unit per night* for guests, added to the final accommodation bill. The statutory Charge is collected from all paid accommodation establishments that fall into the Manchester Accommodation BID zone and has been applicable to all bookings from 1 April 2023.
CityCo is one of the delivery partners of Manchester ABID.
Manchester Pride Charity is one of the leading LGBTQ+ charities in the UK. Aiming to fight against homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia, each grant gives support, empowers, and enriches LGBTQ+ community groups and enables Manchester Pride to host annual events that give a platform to LGBTQ+ people of all ages.