CITY CENTRE BUMPER WEEKEND: Plan Your Travel for Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March8th Mar 2023
Major roadworks and events will significantly affect journeys into Manchester City Centre by car on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March.
There are concerts, football fixtures, planned works and parades to look out for.
- Road works will take place across the City Centre, including on Shudehill, York Street, John Dalton Street and Thompson Street
- Expect a significant amount of additional time to be added to journeys if you are travelling by car, particularly if you are travelling around the Shudehill area or on High Street or Corporation Street. There will be congestion on the roads at all times of the day
- There are likely to be delays to bus journeys. Follow operators for the latest updates. TfGM bus webpage
- TfGM strongly advises not to drive into the city centre. If you have no other option but to drive, they suggest parking at a car park on the side of the city you’re travelling in from, or using a Metrolink Park and Ride site.
- City Centre roadworks
- City Centre Metrolink works on Saturday and Sunday
- Lizzo at AO Arena on Saturday 11 March (doors open 6pm)
- Manchester United v Southampton on Sunday 12 March (kick-off at 2pm)
- St Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday 12 March (from midday to 2pm)
- Chris Brown on Sunday 12 and Monday 13 March (doors open 6pm).